Green Shield 2014/15 Selection Process
Selection Process (2014/15 season)
The U'16 Green Shield competition is the leading U'16 cricket representative competition in Australia, with all Sydney grade clubs represented. Apart from the competition itself, all points accumulated by Green Shield teams go towards the prestigious Sydney grade club championship. Selection of the Green Shield team is a high priority for the Manly Warringah grade club.
As a result of our Pathway Program, Manly Warringah does not undertake selections for the Green Shield squad until after the season commences. This is to enable the Green Shield selectors to assess the initial performance of the players in the DCA, Shires and Grade games (including trials) during the September and October period.
A squad of approximately 20 players will be announced around the end of October with specific Green Shield training commencing early November and running up to mid-December. The squad will be reduced from 20 players down to approximately 14 players by early December. This will be undertaken by the Green Shield selectors on the basis of current season performance in the Grade competition, Shires competition and the junior representative (DCA) competition, along with performance at training sessions and assessment of team balance.
The following dates should be noted for the Green Shield season:-
· Thursdays 4pm to 5.30pm from 6 November to 11 December inclusive
· Thursday 11 December 2014
· Round 1 – Thursday 18 December 2014
· Round 2 – Sunday 21 December
· Round 3 – Tuesday 23 December
· Round 4 – Tuesday 6 January 2015
· Round 5 – Thursday 8 January
· Round 6 – Tuesday 13 January
· Round 7 – Thursday 15 January
· Quarter Final – Tuesday 20 January
· Semi Final – Thursday 22 January
· Grand Final – Monday 26 January
Selection Criteria Note: Players will be ineligible to be selected if they are unavailable for ANY of the above competition dates. If a player is unavailable for the above competition dates, then he should advise the Green Shield Coach immediately.