On the 28th January at 7.30pm we are going to be running a job seeking seminar at Weldon Oval for all players at Manly Cricket and also Warringah Cricket. This is a great opportunity to learn about all aspects of job hunting – finding a vacancy, preparing a resume, interview skills, starting in a new job.
There is a lot to learn if you are new to this and to get the tips that this great Human Resources business, “HR for your business”, can provide will take you a lot further than if you hope for the best.
The session will take a little over a hour, does not cost anything and is being held at Welson Oval on Tuesday 28 January 2014. It will be interactive, engaging and fun.
The session will cover the following points:-
Finding a vacancy
- Where do I look?
- Using your network
- Professional networking tools
- Is there a “normal” interview process?
- How long does it normally take between application and starting work?
Resume preparation and applying for roles
- Do’s and don’ts in resume preparation
- Tailoring your resume for specific roles
- Contact numbers and voicemails on your phone
- Length and content of your resume
- Covering emails/letters – grammar, punctuation and spelling
Interviews, Preparation and what to expect
- What interviewers look for
- Arrival at the interview
- What to do if you’re running late
- Behavioral interviews – what they are, how to prepare
- During the interview
- What you wear
- After the interview/follow-up
- Mock interview and feedback
Starting the new job
- Day 1 – be on time
- Why am I here?
- How should I behave?
- Facebook, Skype, mobile phones and Internet access – what’s reasonable?
- When do I get a pay rise?
- Where can I find out about leave and other benefits/entitlements at work?
- Will my employer expect me to stay in my job for a certain period of time?