The Manly Warringah Waratahs are proud to announce Warren Evans of Harbord Devils Junior Cricket Club as the December recipient of the Westfield Warringah Mall Volunteer of the Month award. This award is available to Manly Warringah junior clubs and Manly Warringah Waratahs volunteers and is proudly sponsored by Westfield Warringah Mall.
Warren has been involved in local cricket for the last 40 years. He played as a junior and went on to play for Manly for many years. He was made a life member 3 years ago for his many years of dedication playing for our club.
After hanging up his playing boots he took on the presidency of the Harbord Devils Junior Cricket Club. Harbord Devils is a big club and has over 30 junior teams. And in typical fashion he has been working extremely hard to help make their season a success. On top of being president, this year alone he has:
- Acted as club registrar, processing all master blaster, junior blaster and junior registrations.
- Been Master Blaster point of contact and coordinator.
- Ordered new cricket kits for junior and cricket girls teams paid for from last season’s fundraising.
- Helped assemble the kits for over 30 teams.
- Ordered cricket balls and scorebooks.
- Taken on the role of Junior Blaster coordinator which means spending his Friday afternoons with 28 excited children!
- Coached the U15/1 rep team.
And even though Warren’s already coaching a junior rep team, on the night of his award presentation he actually came straight from a training session for one of the other rep teams.
We are truly grateful for Warren’s passion and commitment. It’s thanks to years of hard work from volunteers like Warren that cricket is thriving on the Northern Beaches. To be involved at all levels of cricket in our area for over 40 years is an amazing achievement and massive gift to our community.
Phill Edwards, Manly Community Manager, presented Warren with the award. He received a framed award certificate and a $250 voucher courtesy of our great friends at Westfield Warringah Mall.
Congratulations and thanks for all your years of hard work, Warren!