Aidan Baker won the inaugural George Lowe Medal for the player who has made the most outstanding contribution to the local community throughout the year. Aidan gave a passionate acceptance speech after being presented the award from Mike Pawley, one of only a handful of people who actually met George.
Aidan was also honoured through the attendance of his parents Pember and David.
There were also some heavy hitters in the room, most notably Waratah Patron and NSW Premier Mike Baird. Mike even presented a NSW community award to President Andrew Fraser.
The feedback we received from everyone in the room was amazing. Some even said it was the best presentation night they have been to out of any local sporting organisation. From Sammy Webber’s video’s to Ian Bird season in review, to David Gardiner helping on stage and Alex Vumbaca taking photo’s on the Media Wall, everyone contributed to a smashing evening.
And what about Billy D’Arcy’s comedy routine when announcing the players player award. Outstanding.
Special mention to Mick Trevaksis on the microphone. He was polished, funny and kept the night moving. It continue s a great line of MC’s over the last few years and we hope he returns next season.
The award winners were as follows:
- Keith Marks Clubman of the year – Sam Webber
- George Lowe Medal – Aidan Baker
- Senior Player of the Year – Jay Lenton
- Bob Lind Junior (U/21) Player of the Year – Ryan Farrell
- Presidents Award – Chris Hynes
- Spartan Sports Player Player – Jack Edwards
- Captain of the Year – Max Burgess
- Gary Flowers most Improved – Billy D’Arcy
- 1st Grade Batting Award – Jay Lenton
- 1st Grade Bowling Award – Ahillen Beadle
- 2nd Grade Batting Award – Tom Kaye
- 2nd Grade Bowling Award – Aidan Baker
- 3rd Grade Batting Award – Jack Edwards
- 3rd Grade Bowling Award – Jack Edwards
- Don Sellin Award for 3rd Grade player of the year – Josh Wigney
- 4th Grade Batting Award – Luke Edgell
- 4th Grade Bowling Award – Jacob Graham
- 5th Grade Batting Award – Isaiah Vumbaca
- 5th Grade Bowling Award – Alex Bain
- Green Shield Batting Award – Ollie Davies
- Green Shield Bowling Award – Hayden Brown
- Langdon Gould Green Shield Scholarship – Isaiah Vumbaca
- Most Catches by a Fieldsman – Joe Graham
- Most dismissals by a wicket-keeper – Jay Lenton
Clubman of the Year Sam Webber
George Lowe Medal winner Aidan Baker with Mum Pember, Life Member John Warn, Premier Mike Baird, Dad David, and Life Member Mike Pawley
Club Captain Billy D’Arcy with girlfriend
The Crosthwaite family and partners
President Andrew Fraser with wife Mandie
Sam Gainsford with partner Caitlin O’Shannassy and Hamish Ferguson with partner Amy Warn
Joel Mason with wife Nicole
Waratahs patron and NSW Premier Mike Baird with wife Kerryn
Steve O’Keefe with Manly Mayor Jean Hay
The boys – Crombie, Hole, Farrell, D’Arcy and Poole
Selfie from Zach Trewartha with Sam Alexander, Will Outred and Paul Dolby