Last Saturday night the TravelSIM Manly Warringah Waratahs held the 2017/18 Presentation Evening to honour those that performed at a high level throughout the season.
Click here for all photo’s of the evening, courtesy of Ian Bird Photography.
The evening was held at the Grand Ballroom at the Novotel Manly Pacific at Manly Beach. It is always an exquisite venue and it proved to be so once again.
185 guests were able to attend and it proved to be a great evening with plenty of vibe and good speeches. We were also able to finish at 9.50pm which is a record. It allowed everyone to spend the rest of the night mingling and chatting, which is really what we were all there for.
All the distinguished guests were there. Northern Beaches Mayor Michael Regan and wife Bronwyn were prominent as usual, as well as representatives from the various cricket bodies around the Manly Warringah area.
MC Jay Lenton was superb, controlling the pace with precision while also bringing humour to the table when it was needed most. The addition of Tom Kaye’s You Tube subscribers was top shelf.
We would especially like to congratulate Roy Vumbaca on taking out the prestigious Keith Mars Clubman of the Year award for his tireless work throughout the season on many fronts. it was very well deserved.
We would like to thank everyone who attended and we hope that they had an enjoyable evening.
The 2017/18 Award Winners were as follows:
- Keith Marks Clubman of the Year – Roy Vumbaca
- Spartan Sports Players Player – Tom Kaye
- George Lowe Medal – Jordan Daly
- Senior Player of the Year – Logan Weston
- Junior Player of the Year – Ollie Davies
- Presidents Award – Ian Bird
- Gary Flowers Most Improved – Ash Virdi
- Female Cricketer of the Year – Robyn Medley
- 1st Grade Batting Average – Chris Green 393 runs @ 56.14
- 1st Grade Bowling Average – Joel Foster 20 wickets @ 18.35
- 2nd Grade Batting Average – Ollie Davies 344 runs @ 57.33
- 2nd Grade Bowling Average – Andrew Jamieson 25 Wickets @ 9.92
- 3rd Grade Batting Average – Jordan Daly 309 Runs @ 51.50
- 3rd Grade Bowling Average – Josh Wigney 16 wickets @ 11.0
- 4th Grade Batting Average – Adam Gummer 496 runs at 33.1
- 4th Grade Bowling Average – Michael Counsell 28 wickets @ 10.36
- 5th Grade Batting Average – Dom Wheeler 441 runs @ 110.25
- 5th Grade Bowling Average – Ben Falconer 21 wickets @ 13.43
- Green Shield Batting Avg – Jake Osborne 310 Runs @ 31.0
- Green Shield Bowling Avg – Jack Hobson 13 Wickets @ 9.46